Notice on 2024 Winter Vacation for Intl Students Date of release :: 2024-01-23

Dear Int'l Students,

In line with the GDUT calendar, the Winter Vacation is coming soon and we would like to remind you of having a PEACEFUL and SAFETY holiday.

I. Vacation Arrangement

13 January 2024(Saturday) to 22 February 2024 (Thursday)

II. 2024 Spring Semester Registration

i. For Undergraduate and Graduate Students

Registration Time: 9:00-11:30 am, 2:30-4:30 pm,23 February 2024 (Friday) to 24 February 2024 (Saturday)

Venue: Room 721,Library Building,Dongfeng Road Campus, GDUT

Class Start: 26 February 2024 (Monday)

ii.For Chinese Language Students

Registration Time: 9:00-11:30 am, 2:30-4:30 pm,28 February 2024 (Wednesday) to 1 March 2024 (Friday)

Venue: Room 721,Library Building,Dongfeng Road Campus, GDUT

Class Start: 4 March 2024 (Monday)

iii. Needed Documents

For Current Chinese Language, Undergraduate and Graduate Students

1. Valid passport and visa (Original)

2. Voucher of Tuition payment, Accommodation fee (On-campus Accommodation only);Click to visit "Payment guide"

3. Registration Certificate of Temporary Residence for Visitors (If applicable);Click to visit "International Students Insurance"

4. Valid Voucher of Insurance

5. Photo Receipt (For visa extension only).

For New Students

1. Valid passport and visa (Original and copy)

2. Voucher of Tuition payment, Accommodation fee (On-campus Accommodation only)

3. Registration Certificate of Temporary Residence for Visitors (If applicable)

4. Valid Voucher of Insurance (If applicable)

5. 2 Photos and Photos Receipt

6. Admission Letter

7. Medical Checkup Report

8. Other relevant documents,such as highest degree certificate or diploma,transcript.

According to related regulations of the university,students who fail to register as required,such as exceed the registration deadline by 14 days,will be disqualified for admission or deemed to have automatically withdrawn from the university.

III. On-campus Accommodation Application during Vacation

According to related regulations of GDUT, during holidays including summer and winter vacations, all the students including international students who wish to stay at the dormitory should report to school prior to staying, and dorm fee for summer and winter vacations will be charged.

The school will evaluate applications for on-campus accommodation during winter vacation in accordance with relevant procedures. Those who do not make an application will be considered as not staying on dormitories during the vacation. For safety reasons, related dormitories without approval will not provided with electricity during the vacation.

Follow the instructions to contact International Students Affairs Office for your on-campus accommodation during vacation if needed.

i. Eligibility for Application

Students participating in planned internships or with significant research tasks,or those who are under special circumstances.

ii. Stay Period

January 13, 2024-February 22, 2024.

iii. Stay Guidelines

1. Students must complete stay application procedures within the specified period, otherwise they must leave within 2 days of the vacation's start.

2. Parental or guardian consent is required for undergraduates, and supervisors’ approval is required for postgraduates.

3. Stay applications should cover the entire vacation period without skipping or jumping intervals.

4. Students must strictly adhere to dormitory regulations and report any illness promptly to the campus.

ⅳ.Application Procedures

Students fill out the “GDUT Winter Vacation Stay Application Form” (see Appendix 1) and submit it to the International Student Affairs Office by January 4, 2024.

IV. Duty Arrangement

In case of any emergency, please call the following numbers: Police,110; Fire,119; Emergency Medical Aid,120.

If you need any assistance,please keep in touch with your headteacher,counselor or International Student Affairs Office, and make sure you stay informed or be available on your phone or WeChat.

During the holiday, any supporting services such as admission, visa or residence permit etc.,please scan the QR Code below and join in the WeChat group for assistance, which is refreshed periodically. Please follow the updates.

V. Warm Reminders

i. Personal Safety. During the holiday, personal safety is the FIRST. AVOID going to either extremely crowded public areas or strange place alone in the night. You CANNOT ride a Fuel-motorbike in Guangzhou. When driving e-bikes, no over-speeding, no overloading (taking other passengers) and so on. All vehicles and bikes must be registered and licensed at police station before hitting the road. Drunk driving and drag racing are strictly prohibited to protect yourself and others.

ii. Property Safety. Please make sure that you have closed all doors and windows before going out. Pay attention to your valuables, such as passport, wallet and mobile phones etc. during your trips. Do remember not carry large amounts of cash when going out to avoid pickpockets.

iii. Personal Health. Please avoid overeating and excessive drinking during the holidays. Say no to drugs. When necessary please contact teachers for help or directly report to the police. In addition, it’s getting cold in Guangzhou so please keep warm and exercise regularly to avoid illness.

ⅳ.Be Cautious of Fraud. The University will never ask you to transfer money to any personal account via phone or message. Therefore if you have received such calls or messages, please ignore them directly or contact teachers or police for help. Please be very careful when shopping online and make sure you pay on official websites. Always remember: No quick response and Double Check! Think about your recent behaviors and call your family member to confirm they are all right. If you got any troubles or problems, no hesitate to CALL “110” and ask police for help.

ⅴ.Visa Services. According to the relevant regulations of China, Foreigners withholding short term visas other than student visa cannot be admitted to study in China. For those who apply to study in China for long term must have X1/X2 visa issued by Chinese Embassy or Consulate abroad or Residence Permit issued by Immigration Office.

Please be reminded to double check if you have the X1/X2 visa or valid Residence Permit on your passport before you enter China. If you come to China with L visa (Tourist visa) or without a visa, you must leave the China before current visa expires and apply for a student visa to re-enter. Please contact International Student Affairs Office if you have any visa problems.

We sincerely wish you all a nice and safe winter holiday!

International Exchange College

3 January 2023

Appendix: GDUT Winter Vacation Stay Application Form

Link: 2024 Spring Semester Admission Guide for International Students

粤ICP备05008833号   International Exchange College Powered by CUCAS